December 15, 2021
Use & Care Instructions for Your Invisalign Aligners
Invisalign is a cutting-edge orthodontic technology that can straighten your crooked teeth and bring you the most appealing smile possible. It is the most sophisticated method available for straightening your teeth and even more effective than traditional braces. These aligners are clear and arrive without the annoyance of wires. However, in order to maintain your oral health, it is vital that you take proper care of your aligners during your orthodontic treatment.
The aligners should be properly cared for in order to achieve the greatest outcomes and prevent expensive replacement aligners.
Wassan Dental, the Diamond Provider of Invisalign in Muscat, Oman, provides the ultimate orthodontic experience with complete guidance while using Invisalign.
Let’s have a look at the Invisalign usage instructions.
● Review the “Use and Care Instructions for Your Invisalign Aligners” leaflet before using your Invisalign aligners.
● Before inserting new aligners, give them a good rinse with cold water.
● Each pair of aligners is intended to be replaced after 1-2 weeks of 20-22 hours of daily usage or at the discretion of the doctor.
● When wearing the aligners, be sure that the precision wings are in the proper engaged position (lower wings in front of upper wings).
● Inspect aligners before each insertion and before going to bed for the detection of cracks and deformation. If anything noted should be reported to a doctor as soon as possible. It is not recommended to utilize aligners with cracks the size of the tooth’s height.
● Before each insertion, clean the aligners with a soft bristle toothbrush, water, and a small quantity of toothpaste.
● Cleaning products for Invisalign aligners are used once a week or as needed.
● Denture cleansers should not be used to clean aligners. They should not be soaked in mouthwash. These products can damage the aligner’s surface, causing it to fade and become more noticeable.
● Invisalign aligners should be stored in a case while not in use.
● Cases for aligners can be washed by hand with soap and water. Dishwashers should not be used to clean the cases.
Hope you now have a better understanding of how to use and care for these aligners. For any further clarifications, queries and details feel free to consult us. Make an appointment today if you haven’t already started your journey to a beautiful smile with Invisalign. We’re delighted to hear from you!