May 16, 2022
Gaps or Spaces between Teeth: Everything You Need to Know
The space between the teeth is a condition that affects many people, but it is more complicated than you think. It can also be caused by a large labial frenum. It is like a tissue that, if this happens, prevents the space between the teeth from closing naturally. If you have gaps between your teeth, you’re more prone to have an oral infection. Food particles can get caught between teeth, where germs can grow and spread.
Wassan Specialty Dental Center provides Cosmetic Dentistry in Muscat, Oman. It covers a wide range of dental services with advanced technology. This usually includes dentistry related to appearance. We offer comprehensive treatment to improve your smile. We work closely with specialists and provide all services at our clinic to give you a great and healthy smile!
Symptoms of Spaces / Gaps Between Teeth
The most striking symptoms of gaps between teeth are:
• Receding gums
• Tender gums
• Bad breath
• Discomfort of teeth
• Heavy pain
Causes of Gaps Between Teeth
In some cases, gaps are the result of developmental problems that result in improperly sized teeth and jaws. If the teeth are too small for the jaw and mouth, there is usually a relatively even spacing between all the teeth. Other causes are:
• If the labial frenum is oversized, it extends from the inside of the upper lip to the gum above the
upper front teeth. This will make the gap between the front teeth.
• Gaps between teeth are sometimes the result of advanced gum disease.
• When the tongue is repeatedly pushed against the front teeth, the front teeth move forward and
begin to gap between them.
• When gum disease occurs, it can damage the teeth’s tissue and bones, causing them to fall out
and causing gaps in between.
Risks of Gap between Teeth
• It will affect your confidence and your bright smile.
• Gaps between your teeth will be a major cause of oral infection.
• Bacteria can grow and spread in gaps between teeth when food particles get stuck.
• Bacterial activity on space or gaps of gums and teeth can lead to gum sensitivity, cavities, and
• People who have mouth infections or poor oral health are at greater risk of heart disease.
How to Fill Gap Between the Teeth?
One of the best solutions to this problem is dental bonding or composite bonding. We, at Wassan Specialty Dental Center, provide the best Dental Bonding Treatment in Muscat, Oman. Composite bonding is the ideal and less expensive solution for people with chipping, gaps between teeth, fading and discoloration, slight crookedness, and disfigured teeth.
Other treatments are:
• Braces: Braces are effective in childhood, although adult braces can be effective at correcting spacing and reducing gaps as well.
• Veneers: Veneer is a compounding method that enlarges the teeth slightly and hides the gaps. Instead of composite resin, veneers are caps made of porcelain or ceramic that go over the top of the tooth. Veneers can’t fill in wide gaps, but they’re perfect for filling in minor ones.
There are lots of advanced techniques are used to prevent this condition. We have various options to close the gaps or spaces in your smile. We are here to help you achieve the smile you have always needed! Schedule an appointment now!