Invisalign is the virtually invisible alternative to metal dental braces. Invisalign treatment is a comprehensive and highly innovative process which can treat a variety of orthodontic situations.
The Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, very comfortable and removable. This allows you to remove them for eating and cleaning your teeth or for important social occasions.
If you dread the thought of a mouth full of metal to straighten your teeth, Invisalign may be the solution for you!
The beauty of this treatment is that the results can be viewed prior to any active treatment via the InvisalignClincheck. Once impressions, photos and x rays have been sent to the USA, highly advanced laser scanning and software processes allow us to view the entire treatment on a computer generated model from start to finish.
At this stage any modifications can be made until you are entirely happy with the proposed final result. This way, the treatment is predictable and we can estimate the length of treatment to an accuracy of 87% (according to Invisalign)
Once we have agreed the Clincheck, the clear aligners are fabricated. Each one is slightly different, moving your teeth gradually into the desired position. Each aligner is changed approximately every 2 weeks. The treatment length will depend on each individual case.
We have 4 Invisalign products:
INVISALIGN FULL is the most comprehensive option. This version allows even the most demanding orthodontic problems to be treated. This package allows up to 3 refinements after treatment to achieve full correction.
INVISALIGN LITE is a new addition to the Invisalign range and is designed for mild to moderate corrections, which means that treatment can take as little as 16 weeks. A maximum of 14 aligners is allowed for InvisalignLite cases. This package allows 1 refinement after treatment to achieve full correction.
INVISALIGN TEEN, as the name suggests, is for teenagers. This system has been specially designed with a blue dot indicator to indicate when the next aligner is due.
INVISALIGN I7, is the latest addition to the Invisalign range. As the name suggests, there are only 7 aligners which can correct minor cosmetic imperfections in upper and lower front teeth. In most cases, treatment is completed within 14 weeks.
- 1. After a full initial examination, we need to taken very accurate impressions of your teeth and photographs. The treatment prescription will be specific for you, designed by our Principal Dentist. The Invisalign records are then sent to the USA for fabrication of the Clincheck.
- 2. The Clincheck 3-D analysis is then viewed. This will indicate the length of treatment (accurate to approximately 85%), the movements that will occur, space creation requirements and the placement of Invisalign attachments.
- 3. Any modifications can be made at this stage. A video of the new Clincheck can be sent to you for comparison.
- 4. Once agreed, the Invisalign aligners are fabricated.
- 5. The first aligner is fitted and the Invisalign process begins; the first step to straight teeth!
For more information you can visit www.invisaligngcc.com